Bill is a native of New Jersey. He began teaching and freelancing in Atlanta in 2001 while he was a member of the Army Ground Forces Band. Currently he plays tuba with the Midtown Brass Quintet, the acclaimed Georgia Brass Band, the John's Creek Symphony Orchestra and the Ludwig Symphony. He has also performed with the Alabama, Columbus, Macon, Cobb, Chattanooga and Hilton Head Symphonies, the Savannah Philharmonic, Symphony Orchestra Augusta, the Atlanta Brass Society, The Atlanta Ballet and the Peachtree Brass. As a soloist he has appeared with the Army Ground Forces Band, the New Atlanta Philharmonic, the Ludwig Symphony, and the New Jersey-based South Orange Symphony, delighting audiences of all ages with his dynamic interpretations of both standard and lesser known works for tuba. Bill also performs on sousaphone with Mercury Orkestar and the Fourth Ward Afro-Klezmer Orchestra, tuba in the rock group B. Wayne and the Belfrys and plays bass in the chamber rock group, the Clibber Jones Ensemble. In addition to his performance schedule, Mr. Pritchard is a dedicated teacher of his craft, giving private lessons and masterclasses on euphonium and trombone, as well as tuba and is a professor at Georgia College and Agnes Scott College. Bill holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in music management from William Paterson University and a Master of Arts in classical performance from the Eastman School of Music.
Bill plays the Eastman EBC836S, and is currently pursuing a jazz bass performance degree at Kennesaw State University.
What They Play
This 34" tall CC tuba is wonderfully in tune and is a very easy and comfortable horn to play. Whether in an orchestral setting, a community band, a church ensemble, quintet, or solo work - this tuba works well!
- Key of CC
- Full-size tuba with 19 3/4" bell
- Yellow brass construction with nickel-silver leadpipe and tuning slides
- Four stainless steel pistons through a .687" bore
- Front-action valve assembly
- Right thumb-operated 5th rotor valve (one flat whole step), through a .770” bore
- Short slide tubes designed to give more sealing area at these detachable points
- Exquisitely finished in a clear lacquer
- Durable, hard-shell case with wheels
- Includes silver-plated S.E. Shires USA mouthpiece
- Available as EBC632S
- Silver-plated finish
- Available as EBC632S